The most commonly asked questions are answered below. If you don't find what you're looking for, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tap the "Chat" button below to talk directly with our support team.
Do I need Roombler?
Yes. Roombler keeps track of bookings, sends welcome emails and manages guest information. It is a digital version of the traditional hotel ledger, but smarter.
Whether you have an apartment, five rooms or twenty cabins to rent out you need to keep track of who has made a booking, when they arrive, make sure they receive a booking confirmation and more. Roombler helps you with all of this and leaves you free to focus on what you love - Being a perfect host!
How much does it cost?
Roombler has a simple price model. You fee is determined by how many rooms/units you have. You can choose to pay annualy and get a discount compared to the monthly fee. Prices starts at €9 per month. For discovering your cost, have a look at our pricing page.
Do I need to buy new equipment?
No probably not. If you have an iPhone or iPad you simply download Roombler from the App Store. For other smartphones or tablets you can use the web version of Roombler at www.roombler.com/app. Same thing if you want to access Roombler from a regular computer.
I run Android. Can I still use Roombler?
Yes. Point your browser to www.roombler.com/app, log in and you are ready to go. Save the web page to your desktop with a simple click to get a full screen app like experience that you can easily access at all times.
Can several people use my account?
Yes. Roombler is designed for multiple people (staff or family members) working together. Reservations and guest info is synchronised between all users on the account, minimising the risk for over-bookings. You invite your co-workers and helpers, and you will see who is attending to which query. All from within the Roombler app.
Can I sync bookings from other external channels like Booking.com with Roombler?
Yes! And we are adding new services all the time so that bookings, availability and pricing is always synced. From your own website to Booking.com, Expedia and many more. This makes Roombler the hub for all your services. Better for you, better for your guests.
How do I pay for my subscription?
We will invoice you via email and you will be able to pay by credit card. Soon you will also be able to pay directly on our website.
How do I get started?
Create an account with a username and password on Roombler.com. Then download the Roombler app from Apple’s App Store and log-in using the account details you just created. After that you are good to go!
Is Roombler difficult to use?
No. Roombler is built to get you started with ease. Once you get comfortable with the basics you will also find additional things to help you be a perfect host. Unlike other systems there is no training needed. Roombler lets you grow and explore at your own pace. If you have installed and used other apps on your iPhone, you are able to use Roombler!
I use Booking.com, Airbnb, Expedia or Agoda to promote my lodgings. Are they supported?
Yes! All of the above are connected to Roombler.
What do I need to do?
Most of what you need is already in place through Roombler. Read the information below to see what you need to think about before connecting.
And then just email Johanna or Per in the support team at email@example.com or chat with them live to get everything started.
Is there anythink I should think about before connecting?
Yes, there are a couple of things to think about before connecting a channel. Take some time to read through the points below.
- Roombler syncs availability, pricing and incoming bookings We don’t sync content such as descriptions or images.
- You’ll need to have an active account on the channel that you would like to connect with Roombler. This is something that needs to exist before we can get started.
- Once the channel is setup, Roombler is the boss regarding availability and pricing. This means that you won’t be able to change your availability and pricing from the other channel, only from Roombler. Therefore, make sure all your bookings are present in Roombler before connecting the channel. Also make sure that your prices are set up the way you want.
- To be able to setup a channel connection, the way your property is represented in the channel should match the way it is setup in Roombler. If you have, for example, 3 rooms in a group called Double Room in Roombler, a corresponding group should exist on the channel. It doesn’t need to have the same name, but it should mean the same rooms/units.
- Again, think about that before you connect a channel to Roombler, make sure that; (1) your pricing is setup in Roombler and (2) that all future bookings from other channels exists in Roombler. Once connected, Roombler will look at the data you have given it, and sync pricing and availability from those facts.
Take bookings through your own website
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or chat live with us to request your so called API key. This key connects our booking widget to your account.
To put the widget on your webpage copy and paste the code snippets below into the HTML code of your page. That's it, your visitors can now book directly with you.
How guests will book a stay
- They choose the dates
- They pick a room/cabin/house from a list of available accommodation
- And, they fill in their contact info
Once completed they receive two emails. The first one asks them to confirm the booking (a so called "confirm to book" email). The second email confirms their booking.
I don't know how to make changes on my website. How do I add the code snippet?
Just follow the instructions below. If someone else is helping you with building and maintaining your website you can email them these instructions together with your so called API key (see above).
Widget installation instructionThree steps to successfully installing a Roombler booking widget:
Fixes and how-tos
If you need a new password
Visit the password reset page, submit your email address and a reset link will be sent to you.
Changing the text in your booking confirmation email
Country not listed, incorrect currency
Choosing a currency and adding or modifying taxes will soon be possible from within the app. Until then contact us via email@example.com or chat and the team will help you.
If you take bookings in USD and don't have specific tax requirements you don't need to make any additional changes.
Updating lodgings information
From within the Roombler app you can add new room types and you can rename existing room types.
To move rooms between room types, add new rooms to existing room types or remove rooms in a room type contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via live chat and we take care of it for you.